Barry, believing he’s proven the existence of God with a bold new math equation, is forced to turn to the aid of his personal encouragement clown, Professor Giggles, when his employees refuse to accept his findings.
- Genre: Comedy
- Running time: 5 Minutes 20 Seconds
- Aspect Ratio: 1.78 (16×9 Video)
- Shooting Format: HDV
- Exhibition Format: DVD, .MOV (Quicktime), BLU-RAY, DCP
- Screener format: Secure Online Screener, DVD, BLU-RAY
Crew/ Cast bios
Robert James Haynes – Writer, Director, Editor
Christine Carstairs – Director of Photography, Visual Effects, Producer
Christine Carstairs is a writer, director, producer, visual effects artist, and podcaster.
In addition to the visual effects on ‘The Encouragement Clown’, Christine provided the visual effects for the short film ‘Roadside Assistance’ which was a top 20 selection of the Louisiana Film Prize and has screened at numerous festivals.
On the directing side, her first narrative short film ‘Drastic Measures’ was an official selection in the 2013 Horrible Imaginings Film Festival in San Diego. She also directed, shot and created the visual effects for ‘Savage: The Shard of Gosen’, an upcoming video game commercial.
Christine is currently writing a science fiction feature film script that she will also direct.
Daniel Repp – Actor, Producer
Adam Creighton – Actor – ‘Barry’
Jose Victor Rivera – Actor – ‘Dick’
Robin Kauffman – Actor – Caitlyn
Scott Osborn – Producer, Sound Mixer
- ‘The Encouragement Clown’ was a one day shoot using a single Sony NEX-VG 900 camera.
- In addition to the climatic clown explosion sequence, Christine Carstairs also created multiple other visual effects shots including the Donut Party Extravaganza gif party invite, computer screen replacement and boom mic removal.
- Robin Kauffman created the clown make-up for the Professor Giggles character.
- ‘THE MILKSHAKE BOOM’ connection – The director (Robert James Haynes), cinematographer (Christine Carstairs), and two of the actors (Jose Victor Rivera and Robin Kauffman) were co-hosts of ‘THE MILKSHAKE BOOM’, a cult film podcast. Dan Repp (Professor Giggles) also appeared as a guest on the podcast on two separate occasions.
- Barry’s Donut Party Extravaganza – Lead actor Adam Creighton (Barry) absolutely hates donuts, but volunteered to eat an entire box of them for a shot that ultimately lasts for two seconds of screen time as a .gif file on a computer screen.
- Really Bad Math – If ‘The God Equation’ used during the climax looks like complete gibberish, well that’s because it is. Actor Adam Creighton used bits of dialogue from the script and created something that could be easily reproduced during multiple takes.
- Home Improvement – The hit ABC sitcom ‘Home Improvement’ did run for 8 seasons that spanned 204 episodes, but it is not the greatest sitcom ever made as Barry claims.
Latest from Twitter